Questions To Ask Your Reception Venue
- Do you have the capacity to hold our number of guests?
- Do you have a minimum or maximum number of guests?
- When are final guest numbers needed?
- What packages do you offer- what is included and not included?
- How many hours do these packages allot for us?
- Are the style and decor of the venue keeping with you theme and level of formality?
- Do you have any suggestions on making the most of our budget?
- Do you provide an event coordinator that can be our go-to person prior to and during the event?
- Can we see photos from previous weddings?
- Can you decorate the room, provide tables, lighting, etc, to fit our needs?
- Can we bring in our own decorations and lighting? What are the limitations?
- Is there a dance floor or will we have to put one in?
- Is there a separate room for the bridal party?
- Can you take early deliveries? When can we set up?
- How are the staff? Friendly? Helpful? Well Groomed?
- How many staff will be working at our wedding?
- Will there be another wedding or event during the same day or time?
- Are the acoustics good enough for your guests? Also are they good enough not to be interrupted by another event going on?
- Can the ceremony be held at the same location?
- Are there good locations on the grounds for photos?
- Are there restrictions on finishing time, noise levels, parking, etc.
- Can you cope with special diets, children, wheelchair access, etc.
- What are the cancellation and overtime fees?
- Are there any other charges we have not discussed?
- Hold your ceremony and reception at the same location. You may receive a discount from your venue. You will have on driving charges for limos as well as times for photographers, video, and other vendors
- Try to avoid holidays. Venues often have to pay their staff more on these day and thus raise their prices.
- If you are having a wedding at a club, find a member to sponsor you. It will save you money!